Concerned About Congestion? We Are Too...
When it comes to transportation, many Tigard residents think about traffic congestion. While there is no easy solution to the problem, the city works in lots of ways to make travel in Tigard easier for everyone. We work better, smarter and stronger with community input.
Moving Tigard Forward. Current projects include:
- 72nd Avenue Transportation Study: We need your help to make sure that no matter where you are going along 72nd Avenue, you have reliable options for getting there.
- Complete Streets Policy strives to create a community where people of all ages and abilities can travel safely, efficiently and comfortably.
- Southwest Corridor – get the latest information on the regional planning effort for a light rail project that could connect Portland to Bridgeport Village.
- Get Us There – A regional look at Roy Rogers Road area construction information
Staying the Course. Ongoing programs include:
- Safe Routes to Schools - Get involved in this effort for parents to join with teachers, school administrators and city officials to encourage alternate transportation to and from school.
- Photo Red Light Enforcement - Tigard Police will soon begin using photo enforcement to make intersections along Pacific Highway (99W) safer for motorists, pedestrians, and bicyclists.
- Construction Updates - Learn more about the work happening in the various construction projects affecting streets around the city.
- Capital Improvement Plan - Tigard’s 6-year plan for outlining the cost of large-scale improvements - like fixing roads, water, and sewer systems.
What’s in the rearview? Completed transportation projects: