Concerned About Congestion?
We are too! When it comes to transportation, many Tigard residents think about traffic congestion. While there is no easy solution to the problem, the city works in lots of ways to make travel in Tigard easier for everyone. We work better, smarter and stronger with community input.
Join us for our next Community Conversation!
Let’s Talk Transportation
» Wednesday, September 18, 2019, 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
» Tigard Library Community Room (13500 SW Hall Blvd., Tigard)
Ask the experts! Our project managers will be on site to hear your ideas and answer your questions.
Moving Tigard Forward.
Current projects include:
- 121st Avenue Sidewalks – This project will fill a well-used sidewalk gap along 121st Avenue
- Trails: Fanno Creek and Red Rock Creek – We need help designing our regional and local trails.
- Main Street Project – Planning and design work has begun on Main Street Phase 2 which will construct the north end of Main Street.
- Transportation System Plan – This update is the first step in setting the community's transportation priorities for the next 20 years.
- Southwest Corridor – Get the latest information on the regional planning effort for a light rail project that could connect Portland to Bridgeport Village.
Staying the Course.
Ongoing programs include:
- Construction Updates – Learn more about the work happening in the various construction projects affecting streets around the city.
- Safe Routes to Schools - Get involved in this effort for parents to join with teachers, school administrators and city officials to encourage alternate transportation to and from school.
- Photo Red Light Enforcement - Tigard Police will soon begin using photo enforcement to make intersections along Pacific Highway (99W) safer for motorists, pedestrians, and bicyclists.
- Capital Improvement Plan – Tigard’s 6-year plan for outlining the cost of large-scale improvements - like fixing roads, water, and sewer systems.
What’s in the Rearview?
Completed transportation projects:
- Capital Improvement Projects
- 72nd Avenue Transportation Study: We need your help to make sure that no matter where you are going along 72nd Avenue, you have reliable options for getting there.
- Complete Streets Policy strives to create a community where people of all ages and abilities can travel safely, efficiently and comfortably.