The service rate will go up in January. How will your money be invested?
Annual Pavement Management Program to keep our roads in the best condition possible at an affordable price. (Note: Excludes Highway 99 and Hall Boulevard, which are state roads.)
- Maintain 150 miles of city streets
- 80 “Good Condition” Pavement Condition Index
Money Saving Measures
- Timely Maintenance – A regular program of proactive vs. reactive maintenance fixes things before they worsen, saving money and minimizing disruption. Regular maintenance measures like crack seal and slurry seal extends pavement life, reducing the need for more expensive overlays or major repairs.
- Accessibility – Curb ramps are repaired and upgraded when street overlay paving occurs, to meet Americans with Disabilities Act requirements and provide safer passage for all pedestrians.
- Investing in our future - Find a street improvement project near you
The Street Maintenance Fee supports a yearly program for street maintenance in Tigard. The road system is one of the City of Tigard’s biggest investments. The purpose of the Pavement Management Program is to keep our roads in the best condition possible. Most of the paving is done in July and August because this is when we get the best weather for paving.
Tigard typically uses two types of pavement treatments: 1) slurry seals on streets that have lower traffic volumes and are in relatively good condition; and 2) pavement overlays on busy streets and on roads with severe cracks and potholes to restore the road to good pavement condition.