Weekly Construction Update
August 14, 2019
Paving Work in Tigard
This update is a listing of major construction projects with traffic impacts. If you do not see a project on the list here are a few resources you can use to find more information:
- Tigard Active Permits – interactive map with a list of planning, building, and engineering permits. https://www.arcgis.com/apps/MapSeries/index.html?appid=d86ee383511e430da1c050637040107c
- Public Works Update – summary of work done by our Public Works crews. https://www.tigard-or.gov/community/pw_news.php
- Capital Improvement Plan – Tigard’s 6-year plan for large-scale improvements. https://www.tigard-or.gov/city_hall/cip.php
Commercial Street Sidewalks - ODOT is constructing sidewalks between SW Lincoln and Main St starting July 22nd. SW Commercial Street will be closed between SW Lincoln Ave and SW Main St for 60 days from August 13 to October 12.
Fern Street - SW Fern Street west of 135th Ave will have half street closures with flagging during the day for a sewer line project.
74th Avenue - SW 74th Ave at SW Red Cedar Way will be reduced to one way traffic next week for road work and curb installation on the Red Cedar Estates subdivision.
Arthur Court - Colony Creek Trail is closed between Deeann Ct and Wall St for a streambank restoration project.
124th Avenue and Ann Court - A short section of 124th Ave is closed north of Ann Ct for work on a culvert replacement. The road is expected to reopen by mid-September, but may have one lane reopened earlier. Detours are provided.
Beef Bend Road Culvert - Washington County will be replacing a pair of failed culverts under Beef Bend Rd near SW 146th Ave. This project also includes installing a new waterline for the City of Tigard. A six-week road closure is expected during construction from 9/4/19 to 10/15/19, possibly extending to 10/28/19. SW Beef Bend Road, between SW Roy Rogers and Hwy 99W, will be open to local traffic only during the closure. Beef Bend Road, between 146th Avenue and the Oak Mont Apartments entrance, will be closed to all traffic. Pedestrians with mobility needs who travel between 146th Avenue and the Oak Mont Apartment entrance will need to contact Washington County for an escort during construction. Visit the County’s project website at https://www.co.washington.or.us/LUT/TransportationProjects/beefbendculvert.cfm?page=About
River Terrace Area Construction
- River Terrace subdivisions are under construction particularly on the east side of Roy Rogers Rd south of Scholls Ferry Rd. See https://www.tigard-or.gov/river_terrace.php for more information.
- A new sewer line is being installed along Clementine Street, out to Roy Rogers Rd and will impact Clementine Street, a section of Pumpkin Valley Terrace, and Sabrina Ave. Expect some delays and short closures while work is in the roadway.
- A contractor is building a new subdivision on the west side of 150th Ave south of Hawksridge.
There are other significant road, sewer and water projects underway or planned in the area. Visit GetUsThere.org for information and updates.
69th Avenue – Hampton Inn - A Hampton Inn is being constructed on 69th Avenue at Clinton Street. 69th Avenue is closed to traffic from SW Baylor Street to SW Clinton Street.
114th Place - A new subdivision is being installed on 114th Place north of North Dakota Street. Contractor will be striping the roadway in the upcoming weeks.
131st Avenue (King City) - King City is constructing improvements on 131st Ave from Beef Bend to Fischer. Lane closures are expected on 131st between 7 AM and 8 PM. Construction is anticipated to end September 15th. See the project website for additional information: http://www.ci.king-city.or.us/king_city_projects/131st_avenue_improvements_-_december_2018.php
100th Ave south of McDonald St - A new subdivision is being installed on 100th Ave south of McDonald Street. Expect delays on 100th Ave and 103rd as utilities are being installed.