Welcome to your one-stop shopping for the latest news and events from the City of Tigard. This page will be updated each Monday.
Last Seven Days!
Here’s what happened around town:
- Councilor Goodhouse plants trees with students in celebration of Arbor Day
- You gave input at Let's Talk Transportation!
- Cars and fire hydrants don’t mix.
- Mark asks, "Can the city change the left turn signal at 72nd and SW Varns St to a flashing yellow? I am stuck at a red light every morning around 8:00 a.m."
- "As Tigard mayor, I am not "okay with being just okay." My experiences as a paramedic & reserve officer impressed upon me the importance of a strong, responsive, reliable police force, that is more than just okay." Relive ‘Late Night in Tigard.’
- “It is our job to memorialize and preserve officers’ work to make sure a case is prosecutable.” Property & Evidence Specialists may work behind the scenes, but play a key role in safekeeping, managing over 20K pieces of evidence.”
- Judge O'Brien writes about two types of accessible-parking violations under Oregon statute:
- Unlawful parking in a space reserved for persons w/ disabilities.
- Blocking access to a parking space reserved for persons w/ disabilities.
- "It’s Saturday morning and the children’s room at the Tigard Library is hopping. About 20 kids ranging from one to six years old are eagerly waiting for story time to begin."
Next Seven Days!
- Out of City Hall, Into Your Neighborhood…. Invite the Mayor or Council to an upcoming event.
- Egg-cellent! Save money by registering NOW for the Egg Hunt at Cook Park on April 20.
- Join us on Wednesday, 6:30 p.m. at the Senior Center for a Chat with the Chief. Chief McAlpine will discuss topics such as neighborhood issues, crime trends, and resources.
- Visit 'Your Tigard' to give feedback on key projects - 72nd Avenue, Complete Streets, and Tigard Triangle.
- Check out the simple, easy-to-use form and consider applying for openings on the:
- Committee for Community Engagement
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
- Youth Advisory Council
- Over at the Library, you can learn about Poems, Sell Your House, and Home Energy.
- Want to hear more from Mayor Snider? Attend a Fireside Chat Listening Session at the Tigard Taphouse on Thursday.
Jobs, Jobs, Jobs
We’re recruiting for the following positions:
- On-Call Recreation Aide
- Police Officer
- Seasonal Utility Worker
Tweet of the Week!
What Did We Miss?
Send an email to Kent Wyatt, Communications Manager, if you have questions that you want addressed or items of interest for the Tigard community.