Notice Under the Americans with Disabilities Act
In accordance with the requirements of Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the City of Tigard, Oregon, will not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities on the basis of disability in its services, programs, or activities.
Employment: The City of Tigard does not discriminate on the basis of disability in its hiring or employment practices and complies with all regulations promulgated by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission under Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Effective Communication: The City will generally, upon request, provide appropriate aids and services leading to effective communication for qualified persons with disabilities so they can participate equally in City programs, services, and activities, including qualified sign language interpreters, documents in Braille, and other ways of making information and communications accessible to people who have speech, hearing, or vision impairments.
Modifications to Policies and Procedures: The City will make all reasonable modifications to policies and programs to ensure that people with disabilities have an equal opportunity to enjoy all City programs, services, and activities. For example, individuals with service animals are welcomed in City offices, even where pets are generally prohibited.
Anyone who requires an auxiliary aid or service for effective communication, or a modification of policies or procedures to participate in a City program, service, or activity, should contact the person or department who scheduled the event as soon as possible but no later than 48 hours before the scheduled event. In the event the person is unavailable, please contact Nadine Robinson, ADA Coordinator, at 503-718-2481 or Nadine@tigard-or.gov.
The ADA does not require the City to take any action that would fundamentally alter the nature of its programs or services, or impose an undue financial or administrative burden.
Complaints that a City program, service, or activity is not accessible to persons with disabilities should be directed to:
Nadine Robinson, ADA Coordinator
13125 SW Hall Blvd., Tigard, Oregon 97223
503-718-2481 Voice | 503-684-2772 TTY
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
The City will not place a surcharge on a particular individual with a disability or any group of individuals with disabilities to cover the cost of providing auxiliary aids/services or reasonable modifications of policy, such as retrieving items from locations that are open to the public but are not accessible to persons who use wheelchairs.
Tigard's ADA Grievance Procedure
The City of Tigard has adopted a grievance procedure providing for prompt and equitable resolution of complaints alleging any action prohibited by the U.S. Department of Justice regulations implementing Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Complaints should be addressed to: Nadine Robinson, ADA Coordinator, City of Tigard, 13125 SW Hall Blvd., Tigard, Oregon, 97223, (Phone 503-718-2481 or TTY 503-684-2772) who has been designated to coordinate ADA compliance efforts.
- A complaint regarding access or discrimination should be filed in writing or verbally. It must contain the name and address of the person filing it, and briefly describe the alleged violation of the regulations.
- A complaint should be filed within thirty days after the complainant becomes aware of the alleged violation.
- An investigation, as may be appropriate, shall follow a filing of a complaint. The ADA Coordinator or designee shall conduct the investigation. This procedure anticipates informal but thorough investigations, affording all interested persons and their representative, if any, an opportunity to submit evidence relevant to the complaint.
- The ADA Coordinator shall issue a written determination as to the validity of the complaint and a description of the resolution, if any, within 30 calendar days.
- If the complaint cannot be resolved to the satisfaction of the complainant by the ADA Coordinator, it shall be forwarded to the Hearings Officer. The City will retain the services of a Hearings Officer. The Hearings Officer shall establish ground rules or procedures for hearing complaints, requests, or suggestions from disabled persons regarding access to and participation in public facilities, services, activities, and functions in the City. The Hearings Officer shall hear complaints in sessions open to the public, after adequate notice, in an unbiased, objective manner, and issue a written decision within 30 calendar days of notification.
- If the complaint can't be resolved to the satisfaction of the Complainant by the Hearings Officer, it shall be forwarded to the City Council. The Council at a public meeting shall hear the complaint. A determination shall be made within 30 calendar days from the date of the hearing. The decision of the City Council is final.
- The ADA Coordinator shall maintain the files and records of the City of Tigard relating to the complaints filed.
- The right of a person to a prompt and equitable resolution of the complaint filed, hereunder, shall not be impaired by the person's pursuit of other remedies, such as the filing of an ADA complaint with the responsible federal department or agency. Use of this grievance procedure is not a prerequisite to the pursuit of other remedies.
- These rules shall be construed to protect the substantive rights of interested persons to meet the appropriate due process standards, and to assure that the City of Tigard complies with the ADA and implementing regulations.
- Time lines referred to above concerning the scheduling of hearings may be extended if, after reasonable effort and justification, the hearing cannot be conducted within the 30-calendar day limitation period.
- All decisions shall be sent by regular mail to the complainant within 30 calendar days of the date of the hearing and shall be retained in the program file. Phone notification shall also be made in cases involving visually impaired individuals.
- The ADA Coordinator may modify this grievance and appeal process in order to assure equal access to programs, services and activities for people with disabilities.
- Nothing in this grievance process is meant to be used for any personnel, EEO, or labor agreement grievance procedure for the City of Tigard. Contact the City Human Resources Department for further information regarding Title I grievances.
City of Tigard Web Site Legal Disclaimer
Thank you for visiting the City of Tigard web site and taking the time to review our Legal Disclaimer. This is a City of Tigard computer system, provided as a public service. Government personnel and the general public may use this system to review and retrieve publicly available government information. Anyone using this system expressly consents to administrative monitoring at all times. You are further advised that system administrators may provide evidence of possible criminal activity identified during such monitoring to appropriate law enforcement officials. If you do not wish to consent to monitoring, exit this system now.
Disclaimer of Liability: In preparation of these sites, every effort has been made to offer the most current, correct, and clearly expressed information possible. Nevertheless, inadvertent errors in information may occur and information may become dated. In particular but without limiting anything stated herein, City of Tigard disclaims any responsibility for typographical errors and accuracy or timeliness of the information that may be contained on the City of Tigard's Web pages. City of Tigard also reserves the right to make changes at any time without notice.
The documents on this web site may serve to provide access to the World Wide Web. Because the City of Tigard Web sites connect to the Internet, once you leave the City site, the City can't control the information you access. Each individual site has its own set of policies about what information is appropriate for public access. City of Tigard is not responsible for any information or material located at any site other than the official City of Tigard Web site.
The information and data included on City of Tigard servers have been compiled by City staff from a variety of sources, and are subject to change without notice. City of Tigard makes no warranties or representations whatsoever regarding the quality, content, completeness, or adequacy of such information and data. In any situation where the official printed publications of the City of Tigard differ from the text contained in this system; the official printed documents take precedence.
If misleading, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate information is brought to our attention, a reasonable effort will be made to fix or remove it. Such concerns should be addressed on the feedback request form.
GIS / Mapping Applications Disclaimer: The GIS applications accessed through this web site provide a visual display of data for your convenience. Every reasonable effort has been made to assure the accuracy of the maps and associated data. The City of Tigard makes no warranty, representation or guaranty as to the content, sequence, accuracy, timeliness or completeness of any of the data provided herein. The maps and associated data are provided without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Do not make business decisions based on this data before validating your decision with the appropriate City offices. The City of Tigard shall assume no liability for any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in the information.
Crime Mapping Statistics: Crime Statistics represent a snapshot of documented cases for a 12 month period that is updated daily. The numbers only reflect cases that are already entered into the local Records Management System and do not reflect changes to individual cases if the changes were made after the end of the reporting period. The original data source is dynamic and is therefore constantly changing, so totals may differ from other reports generated by the Police Department.
Disclaimer of Reliability: The City of Tigard makes no representations or warranties regarding the condition or functionality of this Web site, its suitability for use, or that this Web service will be uninterrupted or error-free.
Disclaimer of Damages: By using the City of Tigard Web pages, you assume all risks associated with the use of this site including any risk to your computer, software or data being damaged by any virus, software, or any other file which might be transmitted or activated via a City of Tigard Web page or your access to it. The City of Tigard shall not be liable for any damages of any kind (general, special, incidental or consequential damages, including, without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits) resulting from the use or misuse of the information contained in the City of Tigard Web pages.
Disclaimer of Endorsement: Reference herein to any specific commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the City of Tigard. The views and opinions of authors expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the City of Tigard, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
Link Request Policy: The City of Tigard provides links to governmental websites, non-profit websites and/or websites with which the City has a relationship. The purpose of these links is to enhance the content of the Tigard website and/or offer more in-depth information on a topic.
Requests to link to a website from the City of Tigard website can be sent to email@example.com. The request is reviewed for compliance with the Link Request Policy and approved or denied by the City of Tigard Web Administrator. A request denial can be appealed to the Tigard City Council and/or the City of Tigard Executive Staff by completing a Link Request Denial Appeal Form. This policy does not apply to the "Reference Links" section of the City of Tigard Public Library. For the policy regarding links in the "Reference Links" section please contact the Tigard Public Library - Reference Services.