Everyone counts in Tigard. A complete count is important for you, your family, and community. Here’s why:
Census Counts = Federal Funding $$$
- High-quality education for your kids, and educational resources such as number of teachers, books in the classroom and food in kids’ bellies.
- Housing options where it’s needed.
- Public Safety and emergency preparedness.
- Investments in clean drinking water and environmental well-being.
- Transportation options to get you where you need to go.
- Health care options and resources to keep you and your family well.
Census Counts = More Opportunities for Employment:
Billions of dollars of economic activity are determined based on census data. Businesses use census data to decide where to build factories, offices, and put stores which all create jobs.
Census Counts = Equal and Fair Representation:
Every 10 years, the results of the census are used to reapportion the House of Representatives, determining how many seats each state gets. At a local level, state officials redraw boundaries of state legislative districts to account for population shifts?