Topic: Cash Flow Planning for Small Businesses
Date/Time: October 7, 9am-10:30am
Presenter: Oregon Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Capital Access Team
Access webinar via Zoom: https://Bizcenter.zoom.us/j/93888894036
Do you ever find yourself asking “If I’m making a profit, why is my bank account is so low?” Cash planning and management is the key to keeping your profits flowing and your bank account full. This webinar will help you understand your cash flow, take steps to manage your cash and keep your business strong.
Presented by Bruce Melzer, Strategic Advisor with Oregon Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Network’s Capital Access Team. Bruce specializes in helping small businesses owners with business planning, finance strategy development and accessing funding.
Topic: Solving Manufacturing Workforce Challenges Through Technology
Date/Time: November 3, 9am-10am
Presenter: Oregon Manufacturing Extension Partnership (OMEP)
Manufacturers are facing significant challenges as they seek to retain and recruit skilled workers. Attend this webinar with OMEP to get practical tips on how small and mid-sized manufacturers can:
- Utilize affordable technologies to enhance training
- Improve retention in your existing workforce
- Build stronger supply chains through domestic sourcing
During the webinar, we'll hear from local manufacturer Alan Weddenbern, who is using several retention and training strategies, including a unique utilization of technology to combat workforce challenges common to businesses today.
Topic: Quickbooks 101 for Small Businesses
Date/time: 2 Days - July 13th/14th 6:00-8:00PM
Presenter: MESO / Dr. LaVerne Lewis, Small Business Navigator
In this webinar learn how to use QuickBooks, an accounting software program created for small businesses and self-employed professionals. QuickBooks is your business' solution when it comes to bookkeeping and accounting. It can be used for almost all financial business processes, including:
• Entering receipts • Tracking expenses • Invoicing • Payment tracking • Tax tracking • Purchase orders • Prepare reports and statements regarding your finances.
Join us to learn the ins and outs of this powerful software. Presented by Dr. LaVerne Lewis, a finance professional with 35 years of experience. Co-hosted by MESO and the cities of Forest Grove, Sherwood, Tigard and Wilsonville.
Topic: Washington County Economic Trends
Date: May 6, 2021, 9-10:00 a.m.
Presenter: Brandon Schrader, Oregon Employment Department Workforce Analyst
What does the economy mean to your business? Join us for a discussion with a state labor economist focused on Washington County. Washington County is a major engine of the Oregon economy. In this presentation and discussion, we will look at how COVID-19 has impacted the area.
The following topics will be covered:
- Current economic data from the Oregon Employment Department to see where trends are headed.
- A review of leading economic indicators for Oregon which may show us where the economy is headed.
- Employment projections for the Portland Tri-County area to assess growing industries seeking talented labor to drive their business success.
Date: March 17, 2021, 9-11:00am
Presenter: PCC Small Business Development Center
View Presentation: Download
- A review of current small business pandemic recovery funding opportunities including SBA’s Shuttered Venue Operators Grant and the State of Oregon's LL Comp Fund.
- Updates on changes to SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL), SBA EIDL Advance, Paycheck Protection Program, the SBA Debt Relief Program and the Employee Retention Tax Credit.
- Learn about proposed state and federal recovery funding opportunities to keep an eye on.
- Get to know the Oregon SBDC Network’s small business recovery and resiliency resources.
Topic: Paycheck Protection Program: Learn How to submit A Successful Funding Application for the Latest Round
Date: March 10, 10-11:00am
Presenter: Wauna Federal Credit Union
This webinar will provide an overview of the latest round of the Paycheck Protection Program and outline tips for submitting a successful application.
Digital Media for Business Owners
Jan 20, 2021, 6-8 pm: Social Media Set Up & Content Management
Jan 21, 2021, 6-8 pm: Online Reputation Management & Analytics
Jan 27, 2021, 6-8 pm: Instagram Basics & Social Engagement
Jan 28, 2021, 6-8 pm: Website Build & Management
Presenter: Micro Enterprise Services of Oregon (MESO)
Cost: $50 for the series (Tigard business discount: Use promo code TIG25 at checkout for $25 off)
This four-part webinar series will provide business owners with an introduction to social media and digital marketing strategies to help attract more customers and improve sales. Webinars presented in English and Spanish.
Topic: Supporting Entrepreneurs in Washington County
Date: December 10, 2020, Noon - 1:30pm
Presenter: Venture Catalysts/TiE Oregon
View webinar recording
Have an idea for a new or existing venture? Learn about resources and networks available to entrepreneurs looking to start a business and existing ventures looking for higher growth.
Topic: Restaurant Preparation for Fall/Winter Sales
Date: October 21, 2020
Presenter: YGH Architecture
View webinar recording
Presented by YGH Architecture, this webinar provides ideas to extend outdoor dining into the winter months while meeting social distancing guidance for restaurants. YGH provides insight on how to create outdoor seating that attracts diners and emphasizes safety and comfort during the rainy season.
Topic: Managing Business Finances Through COVID
Date: September 30, 2020
Presenter: Maggie Reilly (Craft3)
View webinar recording
Presented by local non-profit lender, Craft3, this workshop provides strategies and ideas to help businesses manage the short-term impact of COVID-19.
This webinar covered the following topics:
- Calculating your new breakeven point based on changed operations
- Tools for cash flow and scenario planning for the short-term
- Understanding your current financial position using your internal financial statements
- Weighing different scenarios to make short-term operating changes to improve your financial position