We are striving to become a more bikeable and interconnected city by providing more bicycle parking in Downtown Tigard. Our pilot program provides FREE bike racks to eligible local businesses.
Do you have customers or employees who need safe and convenient bicycle parking?
A free bicycle rack can be installed on the sidewalk in front of your business. Learn more below!
Who is eligible?
City of Tigard commercial property owners and businesses located within the City Center (Downtown) Urban Renewal Area. Check here to see if you are located within the boundary (shown in blue).
Are you an interested property/business owner but not located in Downtown? Please fill out the form below to receive notification if the pilot program expands beyond Downtown.
Who is not eligible?
Nationally owned franchises, government offices and agencies, and residential properties.
- Applications are due by: Sunday, September 15, 2019
- Bike Racks are awarded on a first come, first served basis
- Installation will occur within 4 weeks of application deadline
Bicycle racks will:
- Be installed on sidewalks that are a minimum of 9 feet wide.
- Be visible to pedestrians on the sidewalk and be located within 50 feet of the front entrance.
Bicycle racks will not:
- Be installed on dirt, grass, paths or private property.
- Impede pedestrian flow or conflict with the use and maintenance of any utilities, service areas, off- and on-street vehicle parking and loading areas, driveways, or transportation facilities.
Ready to apply for your Free Bike Rack?