In 2012, the City of Tigard began a journey to define its sense of place and the strategic direction it wanted to take over the next 20 years. Our ideas came together around a strong vision to become the most walkable community in the Pacific Northwest where people of all ages and abilities enjoy healthy and interconnected lives.
Implementing the Plan
Here are the steps that we are taking to implement the plan.
|GOAL 1: Walking and Connecting:
Facilitate walking connections to develop an identity
Staff Lead: Brian Rager, Public Works Director
- May is Bike Month! The City Council proclaimed May as Bike Month, joining a national celebration of bicycling.
- Gently by the Stream: Join us for Tigard Walks! in June.
- We’re in the News: Tigard’s Walkability Efforts Gain National Notice.
|GOAL 2: Growing and Planning
Ensure development advances the vision
Staff Lead: Kenny Asher, Community Development Director
- We Won! Tigard has been selected for two EPA brownfields grants totaling $400,000.
- Construction Alert: We’re removing invasive vegetation (such as blackberry plants) along the future extension of the Fanno Creek Trail from Woodard Park to Grant Ave.
| GOAL 3: Engaging and Communicating
Engage the community through dynamic communication
Staff Lead: Rudy Owens, Communications Strategist
- Message from the Mayor: This month’s message includes a quote from Boris Pluskowski.
- Insta-Tigard! Our fastest growing social media outlet is Instagram.
|GOAL 4: Financing and Sustaining
Fund the vision while maintaining core services
Staff Lead: Toby LaFrance, Finance Director
- Progress Report: Budget committee makes final decision about FY 16-17 budget. On June 14, the City Council will review the approved budget and adopt the city’s budget for the upcoming fiscal year.
- Hiring, NOW! Check out these nine job postings. On a related note, Tigard was listed as one of the 'best places to find a job' in recent report.
- Won't You Be My Neighbor? The Neighborhood Involvement Committee wants your involvement.
- Teen Library Council: Get involved in the library! Help plan library events, displays and teen collections.