In 2012, the City of Tigard began a journey to define its sense of place and the strategic direction it wanted to take over the next 20 years. Our ideas came together around a strong vision to become the most walkable community in the Pacific Northwest where people of all ages and abilities enjoy healthy and interconnected lives.
Strategic Plan Updates
- Fiscal Choices… Here’s the latest on the work of the Levy and Bond Task Force. Learn more at this week’s all-staff meeting.
- Hot! Hot! Hot! It’s the new Parks & Rec Activity Guide.
- Partner Up! We're working with the Tigard-Tualatin School District to transform the Metzger Elementary field into a public park.
- Walkability: New crosswalks have been marked & flashing lights installed at 116th Ave and Fowler Middle School driveway.
- Hot Dog! Doggie Dash is coming to Cook Park. Proceeds support Police’s K-9 program.
- Between 4 Interns... Meet the future of the City of Tigard.
- The 4-1-1… Learn about the targeted enforcement of crosswalk violations at the intersection of Greenburg Rd. and Center St.
- J-O-B… We’re hiring for eight job openings.
- Be a Hero. Get a Library Card in September.
- Walktober… International Walk and Bike to School Day is Wednesday, Oct. 4.