In 2012, the City of Tigard began a journey to define its sense of place and the strategic direction it wanted to take over the next 20 years. Our ideas came together around a strong vision to become the most walkable community in the Pacific Northwest where people of all ages and abilities enjoy healthy and interconnected lives.
Strategic Plan Updates
- The results are in… The Levy & Bond Task Force unanimously recommended Tigard seek a levy option.
- Shop small – Join us in Downtown Tigard for Small Business Saturday on November 25th to support our amazing small businesses.
- Tigard walks - Join us for the Turkey Traipse, a community walk on Thanksgiving.
- More recommendations on the way – The Task Force for the Homeless is finalizing recommendations. They will present their findings to City Council on December 19th.
- Jobs, get a job here – Check out our three open positions.
- Voice your opinion – There is still time left to let Metro know your preference for the proposed SW rail line route.
- A snapshot of housing affordability in greater Portland - Metro’s latest Regional Snapshot takes a look at where we stand on housing affordability and what we’re doing across the region to address these challenges.
- Mega Crafts! – Bring the entire family to the Tigard Library for some serious crafting fun. Make useful and beautiful gift-worthy projects, no matter what your age.