The City of Tigard maintains an alarm ordinance to protect "emergency services"
of the City from misuse.|
Tigard Police respond to alarm calls at business and residential locations
with the vast majority being identified as false alarms. False alarms detract from the
Police Department's ability to address more urgent or time sensitive issues.
Alarm Permit Guidelines
- All residences and businesses within the City of Tigard using an alarm must have an
"alarm user" permit. The annual alarm permit fee is $25 and is valid for
- If you are a government agency, a resident of Tigard age 60 and over, or physically
handicapped, you are exempt from the annual alarm permit fee.
- To encourage citizens to reduce false alarms, fines are imposed upon the third false alarm.
- Failure to pay false alarm fines may result in suspension of police services and a late charge if not
paid within 30 days.
- When responding to a false alarm, Tigard Police leave a written notice at the alarm location identifying
More Alarm Information
Alarm Payments Online
To access online payment you will need:
Make an Online Payment
- Your account/permit# can be found on your alarm permit.
- Your password is located at the bottom of your alarm permit renewal form.
- For more information, call 503-718-2565 or 503-718-2562.
Click here to make a payment.