The City of Tigard maintains an alarm ordinance to protect "emergency services"
of the City from misuse. Information from alarm permits expedites response time
providing officers with a contact person at the alarm location.|
Tigard Police Department respond to alarm calls at business and residential locations
with more than 98% identified as false alarms. False alarms detract from the
Police Department's ability to address more urgent or time sensitive issues.
Security Alarm Permit Guidelines
- All residences and businesses within the City of Tigard using a security alarm must have an
"alarm user" permit. The annual alarm permit fee is $25 and is valid for
one year for residential and business alarm permits.
- Government agencies, disabled residents and residents age 60 and over are exempt from the annual
alarm permit fee; however, they must obtain an alarm permit. Alarm users are required to apply
for an alarm permit within 30 days of alarm installation and activation.
- To encourage citizens to reduce false alarms, fines are imposed. A $50 fine is assessed upon the third false alarm, then increasing with each subsequent false alarm up to $150 for each occurrence.
- Failure to pay false alarm fines will result in suspension of police services and a $25 late charge for any fine not paid within 30 days of invoice date.
- When responding to a false alarm, Tigard Police Officers leave a written notice at the alarm location identifying their visit and their findings.
- Please contact the Alarm Coordinator at 503-718-2565 or 503-718-2562 for information regarding permits, fees or applications.
More Security Alarm Information
Security Alarm Payments Online
Online payment for security alarm permit fees and /or fines is now available
with Visa, Mastercard and Discover credit cards.
To access online payment you will need:
Make an Online Payment
- Your account/permit # which can be found on your alarm permit.
- Your password which can be found at the bottom of your Security Alarm Permit Renewal form if it was printed after January 1, 2011.
- If you need a password issued to you or help retrieving your password, please call our office at 503-718-2565 or 503-718-2562.
- To receive your permit, all fees must be paid at time of renewal.
- Before logging out, review your contact information for accuracy.
Click here to make a payment.
Unable to Access Your Account?
If you are unable to access your account or have questions, please call our office at 503-718-2565 or