The Distracted Driver Diversion class is instructed by members of the Tigard Police Department in conjunction with the Tigard Municipal Court. Tigard Police recognizes the hazards of driving distracted. Your willingness to attend and learn more about this serious epidemic and the impacts it has on traffic safety is appreciated. Thank you for your attendance.
Classes are typically held on the 4th Wednesday of every month. Due to holidays, however, November and December classes are held on the 3rd Wednesday. Unless otherwise stated, classes run from 6 to 7 p.m. in Tigard Town Hall.
How To Register:
1. Were you offered diversion through Tigard Municipal Court?
Visit the website https://tigardpolicedepartment.fullslate.com/ and click on “Diversion Class.” You will be provided up to three date options. You are responsible for ensuring that you select a class within your court mandated 90-day window. Please chose one of the dates offered carefully. The class is $25.00 and payment must be received at least one day in advance. There are no refunds or changes allowed once you are confirmed. It is not necessary to create an account with the third-party handling the registration; it is simply an option for you. A credit card prepayment is mandatory. No payments accepted at class.
– OR –
Stop by the Police Records’ window in the police department lobby (13125 SW Hall Blvd) anytime between 8 a.m. and 11 p.m. seven days a week and ask to register for the Diversion Class. You may pay via cash, check or credit card. You should receive a confirmation email within two business days. Please call 503-718-2561 or 503-718-2554 if you do not receive a confirmation.
2. Are you the guest of a court participant/teen driver or the parent of a teen driver?
If you’re part of this group, the Tigard Police Department has arranged to provide the class at no cost. Only a limited number of class spaces are available each month. Diversion participants may request to bring an adult or teen driver guest along if space allows. Additionally, teen drivers and their parents may attend as part of our Teen Driver Education program. In all cases, attendees must register for a specific date either via the Police Records window (13125 SW Hall Blvd., Tigard) or by emailing the program managers at Diversion@tigard-or.gov. Please provide the following information for any teen driver:
- First and last name of teen driver
- Grade in high school (or indicate that you are the parent)
- Name of high school student attends
- Email address
3. On the day of your class…
All classes take place at Tigard City Hall located 13125 SW Hall Blvd. in Tigard. Doors open and check-in begins at 5:30 p.m. A valid photo ID is required. The one hour class starts promptly at 6 p.m. The doors to the class will be closed 15 minutes after the start time. If you arrive after that time, you will not be allowed entry and the court will be notified of your no-show status.
A certificate of completion will be provided at the end of the class as proof of your successful attendance. Your signature on the attendance roster will be provided to the Tigard Municipal Court as proof of your attendance. Any questions about your fine or compliance with court directives must be addressed by Tigard Municipal Court. See the Tigard Municipal Court website for additional information or call 503-718-2478 for assistance.
4. Parking: If the primary parking lot for the City of Tigard is full, there is additional parking available just to the north of the skate park. Additionally, there is a lot located a very short walk away at the Tigard Public Works Building on the north side of Burnham Street (8777 SW Burnham St.) Please see the map.
5. For more information or to find answers to questions regarding the Distracted Driver Diversion:
- Email the program managers at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call 503-718-2561 or 503-718-2554: Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.