Tigard Police Cadet Program
Cadets participate in police ride-alongs, routine patrols, crime prevention activity, community outreach
events and on-going monthly training. Cadets get first-hand knowledge regarding how law enforcement serves
its community. It's not all work. Cadets also get the opportunity to participate in the annual Law
Enforcement Challenge, competing in various events with other Cadets and Explorers from around the state.
Have you ever wondered what a career in law enforcement would be like?
Are you between the ages of 16-20?
Are you willing to dedicate time and energy to assist the Tigard community?
If you answered yes to all
the above questions — you may be just the right fit to be a Tigard Police Cadet.
If you have any questions, contact Officer Travis Doughty or
Officer Nicholas Nunn.
- Candidates must be between 16 and 20 years-of-age
- Candidates must carry a 2.5 GPA (if in high school)
- Candidates must not have any prior felony or serious misdemeanor convictions
- Candidates must be of good moral character
- Candidates must be physically capable of performing assigned tasks
- Candidates should demonstrate an ongoing interest in law enforcement