Library cards are available free of charge to all residents of Washington, Multnomah, Clackamas,
Clark, Klickitat and Skamania Counties. Both proof of current address and picture
identification are required. Fill out an application either at the library or print one here
and take it to the library with your identification.
Acceptable picture ID:Driver's License or State ID card
If picture ID does not show current address, we will accept:
Rent receipt/lease agreement
Mail with current address and recent postmark.
Teens and Children
Acceptable ID:Proof of enrollment in any Tigard/Tualatin area school
Parent or guardian's ID
Parents or guardians of new cardholders under 18 will receive a letter outlining guidelines for library use.
If you live outside the Library service area, you may
get a card for a $110 annual
fee. If you do not live in service area and can provide proof that you work or
attend school in the Tigard city limits, you may be eligible for a free limited-use
"Local Courtesy card."
Library Card Policies
- You must have your card or card number in order to check out items, pick up holds, view
your library account or conduct other library business, either in person or over the phone.
- If you provide only your card number, we will ask you to provide picture
identification for security purposes. To avoid delays, please bring your library card with you.
- To access a friend or family member's account, you must have their card or card number.
If you use a card number only, you must be a Washington County Cooperative Library Services
cardholder and provide your library card or picture identification.
- Items may be renewed or fines paid without a card or card number. We cannot, however, disclose titles on anyone's
account without the card or card number, in accordance with the confidentiality statutes of Oregon State
Law [ORS 192.502]
How To Protect Yourself and Your Library Card
Please consider your card as valuable as a passport!
If you have any questions about these policies, feel free to ask at the Circulation
Desk or call 503-684-6537.
- If you lose your card or change your address, please let us know immediately for
your protection. Cardholders will be responsible for any items accrued on the card
until it is reported lost or stolen.
- Unless the card is reported lost or stolen, the Library will assume that the person
possessing the card has permission to use it.
- Accounts with unpaid fines and fees may be turned over to a collection agency.
How to Access Your Library Card Account
To view your library account online,
you will need your card number and password. If you have forgotten your password,
contact us at 503-684-6537 to create a new password. Your record will show the
items you have checked out and the dates they are due, as well as the items
you have placed on hold.