> Mission Statement
> Library Board
> Library Funding
> Library Use Value Calculator
> Management Staff
About the Current Building:
The current Tigard Library building opened in 2004, after Tigard voters passed a
$13 million bond measure in 2002. In addition to bequests from Grace Tigard
Houghton and Neva Root, former teachers and longtime library volunteers,
the Friends of the Library
and the Tigard Library Foundation
also made significant contributions for artwork and books.
Special features include four drive-up book drops, a large Children's
with child-sized furniture and program room, three quiet study rooms
and a separate Young Adult area with eight computers.
- 48,430 square feet
- Two floors
- Bequests: Grace Tigard Houghton for Reading Room ($816,000) and Neva Root ($40,000)
for children's books and artwork.
- Located on a 14.7-acre site. Nine acres remain in a natural state on the banks of Fanno Creek.
- Tigard Library currently has over 235,000 items, including books, movies, music and more to check out. In 2011-12, library users checked out more than 1.5 million items.
- Although the population of Tigard is over 48,695, the Library serves more than 59,265 people in and around Tigard.
- About 1,400 people visit the Library each day.
- The Library has 75 computers available for public use daily, plus another 16 in the Technology Room used for classes.