- To report a Public Works emergency during regular business hours, please contact Public Works at 503-718-2591.
- To report water, stormwater, sewer, street or park emergencies outside regular business hours, contact the after-hours answering service at 503-639-1554.
- View live traffic cameras courtesy of ODOT at www.tripcheck.com.
- Be prepared for power outages. PGE reports power outages online. View basic safety tips on what to do before, during and after a power outage at https://www.ready.gov/power-outages.
Sandbag Station is Ready!
The city offers a free sandbag station in the parking lot of the Tigard Public Works Building (8777 SW Burnham Street.) The self-service station is stocked with sand and sandbags and can be accessed at any time. Shovels are not provided, so please bring your own. Sand is to be used for emergency purposes only. Citizens are welcome to return the full sandbags, used or not. Please return them directly to the sandbag station on the west end of the parking lot.
Frozen Pipes? Winter weather brings icy winds and dipping temperatures which can do a lot of damage to your home by freezing pipes and leaving you without flowing water. There are many precautions you can take now to help you avoid the expense and inconvenience of frozen pipes during an extended cold spell. View the Regional Water Providers Consortium Winter Tips for details, including what to do if your pipes freeze.
Tips from the Tigard Police
- Tigard Police advise drivers to carry chains and be prepared for winter weather driving such as unexpected snowfall or ice.
- If your vehicle gets stuck, try to move it completely off the roadway, use the emergency flashers and call for a tow. Vehicles left on the shoulder may create a hazard for other drivers.
- Do not abandon your vehicle in the traffic right-of-way. Police have an obligation to protect life and property by keeping the roads clear (including traffic shoulders) so that other traffic can keep moving. Any vehicle left in the right-of-way could create a hazard.
- If your vehicle is obstructing traffic in any way, it could be towed. A citation and a tow fee usually accompany police tows, increasing the inconvenience to motorists.