The City of Tigard will be partnering with Clean Water Services to restore Fanno Creek along two city-owned properties in Downtown Tigard. Construction of the remeander is scheduled to begin in spring 2018.
- Fanno Creek Trail Closure – 6/26/2018
Fanno Creek Trail will be closed in Fanno Creek Park starting July 10, 2018. The trail from Main Street to Ash Street is expected to remain closed for six weeks. View a trail closure map and detour route.
- Work Underway – 6/5/2018
Construction has started on the Fanno Creek Trail remeander project between Main St and Ash Ave to restore Fanno Creek to a more natural flow path and realign the trail. Crews are excavating the restored channel, followed by a trail closure starting in mid-July for a couple months for trail realignment.
- Expected Vehicle Traffic Impacts – 5/23/2018
The largest traffic impacts in the downtown Tigard area will be due to incoming and outgoing tractor trailers to the jobsite. This includes but is not limited to flatbed trailers with heavy machinery, log trucks, on-road dump trucks, and deliveries of materials. The largest item for the project is the new pedestrian bridge which is scheduled for delivery approximately mid-September.
The project is planned to reduce erosion, increase water quality, allow better flood passage, and create a safety corridor for pedestrians. View the project map and proposed features.
This project will make creek and trail improvements, including:
- Restoration of Fanno Creek closer to its historic location
- Creation and improvement of floodplain wetlands
- Replacement of the Ash Street pedestrian bridge with a new steel bridge located upstream.
- Construction of a new pedestrian/bike trail to replace impacted sections
- Establishment of native plant communities and plantings along the new trail edges
If you have any questions, please contact Andrew Newbury or 503-718-2472.