The City of Tigard is partnering with Clean Water Services to restore Fanno Creek along two city-owned properties in Downtown Tigard. Construction of the remeander is underway.
Fanno Creek Trail Project Update
Construction is underway on the Fanno Creek Trail remeander project between Main St and Ash Ave to restore Fanno Creek to a more natural flow path and realign the trail. The trail closure is expected to last through October 26. View a trail closure map and detour route.
Expect Vehicle Traffic Impacts: The largest traffic impacts in the downtown Tigard area will be due to incoming and outgoing tractor trailers to the jobsite. This includes but is not limited to flatbed trailers with heavy machinery, log trucks, on-road dump trucks, and deliveries of materials. The largest item for the project is the new pedestrian bridge which is scheduled for delivery approximately late-September.
The project is planned to reduce erosion, increase water quality, allow better flood passage, and create a safety corridor for pedestrians. View the project map and proposed features. This project will make creek and trail improvements, including:
- Restoration of Fanno Creek closer to its historic location
- Creation and improvement of floodplain wetlands
- Replacement of the Ash Street pedestrian bridge with a new steel bridge located upstream.
- Construction of a new pedestrian/bike trail to replace impacted sections
- Establishment of native plant communities and plantings along the new trail edges
If you have any questions, please contact Andrew Newbury or 503-718-2472.