The City is constantly working to make downtown a place where people want to be. With new residents, businesses and development in downtown, the City is in the process of updating and changing parking regulations. Due to areas of high customer demand for on-street parking, the city has recently held a series of hearings to update signage, fees and enforcement practices.
The Downtown Parking Plan’s changes include:
- Phase One: Expand 2-hour parking on Ash Ave at Burnham St - Completed in April 2017
- Phase Two: Expand 2-hour parking to Tigard St and portions of Burnham St to accommodate high demand on Main St. Completion expected end of Nov 2017. See Changes to 2-hour Parking Zone. - Completed December 2017
- Phase Three:
- Ordinance update, including legislation that allows Phase Three, and numerous minor updates to the parking and the abandoned vehicle ordinances. – Completed January 2018
- Cost of parking tickets and the cost of permits. – Completed January 2018
- Enable the creation of 4-hour parking areas, and the opportunity to purchase parking permits that allow all-day parking in these areas. See 4-hour Parking/Permits. - Expected Completion Summer 2018
- Maps of Downtown Parking Phases
Updated Parking Permits and Fines*
On January 2, 2018 the council unanimously approved Ordinance No. 18-01 and Resolution No. 18-03. This Resolution and Ordinance changed citywide parking master fees and schedule and will go into effect on February 2, 2018.
Downtown Parking Permit $35/month
Construction Parking Permit
$5/day/space in 2-hour zone
$3/day/space in 4-hour zone
Violation Fines** – Effective February 2, 2018
Overtime Parking Violation $50
Unlawful use of a space for persons with disabilities $165
All other Parking Violations $50
*Adjusted annually in conjunction with the Portland Consumer Price Index (CPI) unless the fine is set by statute. If index is insufficient to increase fee in whole dollar, increase will compound into the next year.
**All violations have a minimum fine of 50% of that listed.
Do you have concerns, questions or comments? Please fill out the form below and let us know your thoughts.