The City is in the process of changing parking in downtown Tigard. Due to areas of high customer demand for on-street parking, the city has recently updated signage and enforcement practices. Additional changes are also being considered by City Council.
The Tigard City Council wants to make sure that all local downtown business owners, and employees, are fully informed of these changes and aware of opportunities to weigh in. On Tuesday, January 2, 2018, the Tigard City Council will consider new ordinance amendments related to downtown parking. You are invited to participate in this hearing, speak with city staff or make your comments below.
The Downtown Parking Plan’s changes include:
- Phase One: Expand 2-hour parking on Ash Ave at Burnham St - Completed in April 2017
- Phase Two: Expand 2-hour parking to Tigard St and portions of Burnham St to accommodate high demand on Main St. Completion expected end of Nov 2017. See Changes to 2-hour Parking Zone.
- Phase Three: Items on the agenda at the Public Hearing:
- Enable the creation of 4-hour parking areas, and the opportunity to purchase parking permits that allow all-day parking in these areas. See 4-hour Parking/Permits.
- Ordinance update, including legislation that allows Phase Three, and numerous minor updates to the parking and the abandoned vehicle ordinances.
- Cost of parking tickets and the cost of permits.
Before making any final decisions, the Tigard City Council is seeking public feedback regarding:
- Recent expansion and enforcement of 2-hour parking
- Need for 4-hour parking areas
- Need for a parking permit option
- Other concerns and comments
Please fill out the form below and let us know your thoughts.