Tigard Farmers Market GROW. GATHER. GIVE.
The TFM, focuses on bringing farmers, community and non-profits together in a way that benefits all. The oldest farmers market in Tigard is celebrating 25 years as part of the Tigard community. This year the Tigard Farmers Market is opening a mid-week market in downtown Tigard on the Tigard Street Heritage Trail on Thursday starting June through August from 4 to 8 pm. And as always the Tigard Farmers Market is open at its Burnham Street location on Sundays from 9 am to 1:30 pm April through October.
- Sampling: produce and products from the market -- fruit, veggies, and baked goods.
- Additional items for purchase: Collection of items from the Tigard Farmers Market.
This café introduced coffee culture to Downtown Tigard. Symposium Coffee is located next to the future Tigard Street Heritage Trail. The old metal signs above the slide up doors are from the original business Tigard Feed & Garden. More recently, in March 2016 a segment of Portlandia (directed by Steve Buscemi, guest staring Louis C.K) premièred featuring Symposium Coffee in downtown Tigard.
Symposium Coffee has also created its own line of syrups available for purchase. Symposium also features Flag & Wire Coffee Roasters, Stumptown Coffee Roasters and Steven Smith Teamaker. Steven Smith, the owner and founder of Steven Smith Tea, used to hand load his tea into the back of the car when owners Amanda, Kevin and Jake picked up their order.
- Sampling: Coffee of course!
- Additional items for purchase: 12 ounce cold brews, 12 ounce lattes, slices of homemade sweet bread.
Bo Kwon’s Koi Fusion is a food cart empire based out of Tigard! It also includes five brick and mortar locations and catering out of their Tigard production kitchen to foodies around the Portland region. Owner Bo Kwon, a native to Tigard and Tigard High School, grew up exploring unusual combinations for food. The result, a fusion food empire with a signature dish – Korean BBQ tacos.
Indio (Independent Distillers in Oregon) Spirits started with three signature beverages -- Indio Silver, Marionberry, and Lemongrass Lime vodkas. This Tigard based firm now offers a full shelf of award winning spirits. In 2016 they added a tasting room in downtown Portland to complement their Tigard distillery and tasting room.
- Sampling: Two locally crafted spirit tasters.
- Additional items for purchase: Locally crafted spirits.
In April, Flyboy Brewing opened a new brew pub in Tigard, Oregon. With 26+ taps on line, this is the biggest FlyBoy Brewpub yet–with a full-size brewery and restaurant. Flyboy Brewing in Tigard is building upon a tradition of success with a taproom already in Lake Oswego and Vancouver, WA. Join us at the Taste of Tigard as we welcome this new craft brewery to Tigard.
- Sampling: Locally crafted beer samples.
- Additional items for purchase: Yep. Beer.
Since 1972, Stash has been dedicated to providing premium quality teas. Stash begins with tea leaves from the world’s premier tea gardens and the finest herbs and spices gathered from around the globe. Their master blenders combine these botanical ingredients to create unique and delicious teas that are natural and free of artificial flavors and colors. Whether you enjoy caffeine free herbal teas, green teas, black, white, oolong or decaf teas, with Stash you get a wide range of exceptional teas that have been expertly blended for full flavor in every cup.
- Sampling: A trio of tea samples including: Nitro tea, Ginger Fire Chai Herbal Tea and Chocolate Pu-erh with hints of cocoa!
- Additional items for purchase: Portland Pride Loose Leaf Tea; Organic Cascade Mint Loose Leaf Tea; Double Grey Portland Fog Loose Leaf Tea
Locally made salsa, yum. That’s Spanish for – yum! Cecilia Zuñiga Sibelian started preparing homemade, hand-diced salsas for pot lucks and family get-togethers. Through numerous revisions, she was able to capture the subtle flavors of Old Mexico with contemporary tastes. a friend of Cecilia requested four containers for a weekend party and was willing to pay for them. From this innocent request a family run business was born. Inside each container is a fresh serrano chili pepper to chop, slice, dice or simply set aside so you can add the perfect amount of heat to your salsa.
- Sampling: Small basket of Zuniga's Fresh Mild Salsa & chips. Chopped fresh Serrano chilies will be available to spice up your salsa if you wish!
- Additional items for purchase: Large basket of Zuniga's Mild or Hot Salsa & chips; Salsa to Go-14 ounce Fresh Mild or Hot Salsas; Ice Cold Bottled Water
Patty Durgan is the owner and operator of Patty-Cake, Patty-Cake, a wholesale bakery that handcrafts cheesecakes and other desserts from scratch using quality ingredients. You can find their products at New Seasons Markets sold under the name, Ruth’s Cheesecakes & Specialties.
This year Patty-Cake, Patty-Cake will launch a new line of Asian-inspired sweets sold under the name Moon Mochi. We are excited to introduce this new product at the Taste of Tigard!
- Sampling: Mochi Muffins—choose from Sweet Red Bean, Matcha Coconut, or Apricot
- Additional Items for Purchase: Dirt Pots—Cheesecake served in a flower pot with a “shovel” spoon; Raspberry Almond Triangles; Cheesecake Mini Bites
Divine Catering is a woman owned and proudly independent small business! Established in 2008, our business is 75% return customers. We offer exceptional service and treat our customers with the utmost care and respect. By incorporating my knowledge of food, catering and craftsmanship with a true passion for my business, you receive service above and beyond what is expected!
- Sampling: Mixed greens, candied walnuts and feta cheese tossed with Divine’s Signature White Balsamic Dressing
- Additional Items for Purchase: Housemade “Siman’s Salsa,” Housemade White Balsamic Dressing, and Housemade Brown Balsamic Dressing.
This new family-owned food cart brings the best of each Mexican state to their plates! They are located behind Sherrie’s Jewelry Box off Main Street in the new food cart pod opening June 1st. They are available for lunch and dinner all week from 11 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Sampling: Ceviche de Pulpo
- Additional Items for Purchase: Full menu
The Taste of Tigard Food Festival is an opportunity to recognize Tigard based food and beverage entrepreneurs who are cooking up something interesting, exciting and innovating here in Tigard. At the Taste of Tigard Food Festival, the City of Tigard will present the first ever Golden Fork Award to a Tigard firm that best represents the spirit of innovation and entrepreneurism found in the Tigard business community.
Golden Fork Award Nominees for 2017
Ken & Cecilia Sibelian from Zuniga Foods
Tigard-based Zuniga Foods has been nominated for a Golden Fork Award. Meet Ken & Cecilia Sibelian owners of Zuniga Foods. Ken and Cecilia have innovated a new grab and go salsa snack pack – try it on June 17th.
Bo Kwon from Koi FusionMeet Golden Fork Award nominee Bo Kwon, owner of Tigard based KoiFusion, who was an early mover in the food cart scene that changed the way we eat. Taste the fusion on June 17th.
John Ufford and Bob Turner from Indio SpiritsTigard-based Indio Spirits is a Golden Fork Award nominee. Meet John Ufford and Bob Turner from Indio Spirits. Indio Spirits is the most award-winning distillery in Oregon.
Join us at the Taste of Tigard Food Festival and see which entrepreneur will receive the first-ever Golden Fork Award.
Attendees are encouraged to bring unexpired cans or other non-perishable food items for Bethlehem House of Bread (BHOB), a food pantry in Tigard, to help alleviate hunger in our community.
We will have food bins at the entrance for donations. Together we CAN fight hunger in Tigard.