You're invited to FREE Old Fashioned 4th of July Celebration
Middle of Millen Drive Parade|
Itís back for the 16th year—plan to attend the Middle of Millen Drive Independence Day
Parade to take part in the fun and excitement of a hometown parade! Gather the entire
family, a lawn chair or blanket and take a seat curbside for parade floats, horses,
music and more!
The parade always begins at 4 p.m. on the 4th of July.
The starting point is 9255 SW Millen Drive, by Tigard High School and the
entrance to Cook Park.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where: Tigard High School, 9000 SW Durham Road
When: Wednesday, July 4, 2012 (Gates open at 6 p.m. with fireworks at dusk)
What: A family event featuring:
(PLEASE... No alcohol, personal fireworks or smoking allowed.)
- Clowns, live music, kids' games, police and fire vehicles
- Concession stands offering light snacks for sale
Fireworks Safety Tips from TVF&R
What is Illegal?
- Only adults should light or handle fireworks. Supervise children all times when fireworks are being used.
- Store fireworks, matches and lighters out of reach of children.
- Use fireworks outside on a paved surface, away from buildings and bushes.
- Have a hose or bucket of water on hand to douse misfired and spent fireworks, and extinguish potential fires.
- Never point or throw fireworks at buildings or people.
- Never alter or make your own fireworks.
- For more safety tips visit www.tvfr.com
Oregon bans fireworks that fly, explode, or act in an uncontrolled manner. Many fireworks sold by
mail or in the state of Washington are illegal in Oregon. Bottle rockets, roman candles, firecrackers,
and M80s are illegal in Oregon.
What are the Penalties?
You can be held liable for damages resulting from misuse of any fireworks—legal or illegal.
Parents can be held liable for damage caused by their children using fireworks. Under Oregon law,
officials can seize illegal fireworks and you can be fined up to $500 per violation and/or arrested.
You can be fined for the cost of extinguishing a fire caused by fireworks.