Welcome to your one-stop shopping for the latest news and events from the City of Tigard. This page will be updated each Monday.
The atmospheric river is rollin’ into the Pacific Northwest. What is an atmospheric river? Atmospheric rivers are relatively long, narrow regions in the atmosphere – like rivers in the sky – that transport most of the water vapor outside of the tropics. Be prepared for heavy rain Monday night and Tuesday morning. Clear the storm drain in the street by your home or office to prevent street flooding. For the latest on the forecast, follow the National Weather Service.
- 5 things people are thinking in Tigard! We released the list in our mid-month newsletter.
- Fun Fact: We've received $2,975,000 from four successful federal grant applications.
- Around 15 community members joined Mayor Cook for his last Fireside Chat. Here’s what Mayor Cook is thinking as he heads into his final weeks in office.
- Insta! You might have noticed a different perspective coming from our Instagram account last week. Youth Advisory Council members were in charge of posting pictures and sharing the experience of a Tigard teenager.
- Cocoa, cookies, and conversation…. More than 300 community members joined us for the Holiday Lights Walk. If you missed the event, you can still take the walk.
- New Release! The 2018 Tigard Tree Lighting is one of the hottest videos on YouTube.
- You could be the next Tigard city councilor! Apply by December 27.
- Construction Update:
- Cook Park Sewer Line
- Fanno Creek Trail – Woodard Park to Tiedeman Ave
- Dirksen Nature Park
- River Terrace Area Construction
JOBS, JOBS, JOBS
Have you heard? Have you heard? We are hiring! Assistant City Manager and Utility Worker are the latest additions to our job openings.
Tweet of the Week!
What Did We Miss?
Send an email to Kent Wyatt, Interim Communications Manager, if you have questions that you want addressed or items of interest for the Tigard community.