City of Tigard Passport Application Acceptance
This page provides an overview of the passport application process. It is highly
recommended that you visit the U.S. Department of State's passport site for complete
information. Their website is
Passport applications are accepted at the Utility Billing counter
Tigard City Hall, 13125 SW Hall Blvd., Tigard, OR 97223.
Click to get directions
Application forms are available in the Tigard City Hall lobby during regular business
When you apply, please have the following with you:
- Completed application (do not sign the application until requested to do so by the passport application acceptance agent.)
- Proof of citizenship
- Proof of identity
- Two (2) passport photos
- Check or money order made out to the U.S. Department of State (No cash or credit/debit cards are accepted for this payment.)
- Payment to City of Tigard for the application execution fee (cash, check, money order, Discover, Visa or Mastercard are accepted for the execution fee.)
Application for Passport: DS-11
Use this form if:
You can pick up a passport application, form DS-11, in the Finance Department or download
one from travel.state.gov/passport/forms/ds11/ds11_842.html.
- You have never had a U.S. passport or
- You are under age 16 or
- Your most recent passport was issued more than 15 years ago or
- Your most recent passport was lost or stolen. (If you are applying because your most recent,
valid passport was lost or stolen, you will also need to submit Form DS-64.)
First time applicants need to apply in person. All children, including infants,
are required to appear. There are additional requirements to process passport
applications for children under age 16. If you are applying for a passport for
a child under the age of 16, please click on the link and read the section
Students ages 16 to 17 should be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Application for Passport by Mail (Renewals Only): DS-82
You are eligible to apply with a form DS-82 if you can answer yes to the following statements:
If you answered NO to any of the four statements above you cannot use Form DS-82.
You must apply on a DS-11.
- You can submit your most recent passport AND
- You were at least 16 years old when your most recent passport was issued AND
- You were issued your most recent passport in the last 15 years AND
- You use the same name as on your most recent passport or since your passport was
issued, you have had your named changed by marriage or court order and can submit
proper documentation to reflect your name-change.
To obtain more information about renewing your passport by mail or to download
form DS-82 from the U.S. Department of State, click on
PLEASE NOTE: Children under age 16 are required to submit both a state certified
birth certificate and their old passport when renewing. These passports
must be renewed in person.
1) Proof of citizenship, which can include any one of the following:
2) Proof of identity, which can include any one of the following:
- Previous U.S. Passport (mutilated, altered, or damaged passports are not acceptable as evidence of U.S. citizenship.) or
- Certified birth certificate issued by the city, county or state, or
NOTE: A certified birth certificate has a registrar's raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal, registrar's signature, and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar's office, which must be within 1 year of your birth. A hospital certificate or notification of birth record are not acceptable.
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth, or
- Naturalization Certificate, or
- Certificate of Citizenship AND
- Previous U.S. passport (mutilated, altered, or damaged passports are
not acceptable as proof of identity.)
- Naturalization Certificate
- Current, valid
- Driver's license
- Government ID: city, state or federal
- Military ID: military and dependents
To apply for a passport, you need two identical passport photos (2 inches by 2 inches).
For your convenience, the City of Tigard can take passport photos for a fee of $10.
Vending machine prints, full-length photographs
and school pictures are not acceptable.
For a current fee schedule, check the U.S.
Department of State website.
U. S. Department of State Processing Time
If you have any questions about the City of Tigard's passport application acceptance program,
please contact the City at 503-718-2460.
- Routine processing for passports is 4-6 weeks.
- Expedited processing for passports is 2-3 weeks.
- If you are within 14 business days of your departure, you will need
to contact the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778.
You will be required to submit all documents including proof of your immediate departure date.
|Passport Acceptance Walk-In Hours
Tuesdays and Thursdays
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Additional Walk-In Hours Added Effective Jan. 5, 2015
Mondays: 10 AM–1 PM
(All appointments are walk-in only; we are no longer able to take appointments)
Tigard City Hall:|
13125 SW Hall Blvd.
Tigard, OR 97223