PUBLIC HEARING: City Council
Tuesday, April 4, 2017, 7:30 p.m. (Continued from March 28, 2017)
(The parties have agreed to postpone to April 4th the appeal hearing originally scheduled for the March 28 at the request of the appellant who will be out of town.)
Tigard Civic Center - Town Hall, 13125 SW Hall Blvd., Tigard, Oregon
COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA: (available one week prior to meeting date)
: Notice of Public Hearing
A Notice of Appeal to the Hearings Officer decision to approve, with conditions, the proposed development described below, has been filed.
TITLE: Public Hearing - Appeal of Hearing's Officer Approval - Madrona Recovery Center Facilities (CUP 2016-00004)
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROPOSAL: The applicant proposes a change of use from an existing law office to a medical center use on a 1.04-acre site located at 6996-7000 SW Varns Street zoned Professional Commercial (C-P). The adaptive reuse project includes the interior remodeling of two existing buildings to accommodate a secure 23-bed inpatient adolescent mental health and substance use disorder treatment facility that operates 24/7. Adolescents 13-17 years of age will receive care for 14-21 days. A variance has been requested to acknowledge the western side yard setback of the south building is not met.
STAFF CONTACT: Gary Pagenstecher, Associate Planner, email@example.com or 503-718-2434
PUBLIC HEARING: Hearings Officer
Monday, April 24, 2017, 7 p.m.
Tigard Civic Center - Town Hall, 13125 SW Hall Blvd., Tigard, Oregon
NOTICE: Notice of Public Hearing
Conditional Use Review (CUP 2016-0003) - Get Space Storage Facility STAFF CONTACT: Monica Bilodeau
, firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-718-2427
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROPOSAL:
The applicant requests a self-storage facility located at 11420 SW Pacific Highway. The proposed building will be a 3-story structure over a basement and approximately 81,990 gross square feet, including 649 units. Street improvements are proposed on SW Coronado Street as well as street trees on the project's frontage with Pacific Highway and SW 65th Ave. The multi-story self-storage facility has been designed to step down the existing slope. The site will consist of a total of seven standard size parking spaces including one ADA space, in addition there will be four covered loading spaces. There is a single access proposed from SW Coronado.
COMMENT PERIOD: Anyone wishing to present written testimony on this proposed action may do so by sending it in writing to Monica Bilodeau. We need to receive your written comments by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 23, 2017, although written comments will be accepted up until the hearing. Please mail or deliver your comments to 13125 SW Hall Blvd., Tigard, Oregon 97223. Include the Case ID Number: CUP2016-00003. Please address your comments to the appropriate staff person: Monica Bilodeau. Anyone wishing to present oral testimony may do so at the hearing.
Anyone wishing to speak on an agenda item should sign on the appropriate sign-up sheet(s). If no sheet is available, ask to be recognized by the Mayor at the beginning of that agenda item. Citizen Communication items are asked to be two minutes or less. Longer matters can be set for a future Agenda by contacting either the Mayor or the City Manager.
» Time Limit: 2 minutes or less (Longer matters can be set for a future agenda)
» Topics: Items not on the agenda and Non-Public Hearing agenda items.
Public Hearing Agenda Items
- Time limit for applicant and/or applicant’s representative(s): 20 minutes, total
- Time limit (per person) for all other oral testimony: 5 minutes
- Timer may be used for public hearing testimony:
- Green light will come on after the person has stated his/her name and address for the record.
- Yellow will light come on when one minute remains.
- Red light will come on when testimony time is up.
- City Council and staff should hold questions until after delivery of testimony to avoid complications determining if the testifier has had the ability to comment the full 5 minutes.
- For the initial hearing, testimony should be submitted as early as possible. Written testimony should be received by the City Recorder 24 hours prior to the public hearing.
- Deadlines for submitting written testimony can be imposed for continued hearings.
- Scope of testimony limits can be imposed for continued public hearings.
Public Notice on Hearing Procedures:
Hearing procedures handouts will be available at the entrance to the meeting room.
Hearing procedures are reviewed by the City Attorney at the beginning of quasi-judicial (land use) and legislative hearings.
- Applicant will have an opportunity to rebut testimony at the hearing following oral public testimony from the proponents and opponents. Applicant shall respond only to testimony given and present no new information. The applicant will be encouraged to deliver rebuttal remarks in 10 minutes or less.
City Council Staff Contact:
City Recorder's Office
The purpose of the hearing is to invite interested parties to participate in the decision-making process by submitting relevant testimony to the Planning Commission before a decision is made, or before a formal recommendation to City Council.
Public Hearing Format
- The public hearing is opened by the Planning Commission President.
- City staff will provide a summary of the staff report and their recommendation. A copy of the staff report is available for viewing one week in advance of the hearing in the City of Tigard Permit Center and on the website.
- The Planning Commission President will invite public testimony.
- The Planning Commission President will close the Public Hearing. No further testimony will be accepted.
- The Planning Commission will deliberate and vote on the proposal. The president will allow for Planning Commission member discussion only.
Please Note: The Planning Commission is the decision-making body for zone changes and planned developments only. For all others, the commission makes a recommendation to City Council—who makes the final decision. Please contact the Planning Department at 503-718-2421 if you have any questions.
- If you are unable to attend the public hearing, you may submit your comments in writing to the Planning Commission. Written comments may be submitted to Doreen Laughlin,Planning Commission Secretary at email@example.com or City of Tigard, attn.: Doreen Laughlin, 13125 SW Hall Blvd., Tigard, OR 97223. You may also submit your comments to the assigned planner whose name and contact information can be found online under the hearing date at Public Hearings and Public Notices.
- Submitting your comments in writing to the Planning Commission in advance of the public hearing allows staff and the commission more time to formulate a response to your concerns.
- At the hearing, if you wish to speak for, against, or comment in any way, we request that you print your name and full address on the “Hearing Sign-In Sheet” at the back of the room. When called to speak, please come forward to the podium, clearly state your name, address and make your statement.
- Please be prepared to limit your testimony to three minutes. The Planning Commission Secretary will have a timer with green, yellow, and red lights on the table to remind you. (The yellow light will flash as a 30 second warning, and the timer will buzz at the end of 3 minutes). It’s always a good idea to submit your ideas in writing, particularly if you are unsure as to whether or not you can make all of your points in the time allotted. You may hand your written comments to the Planning Commission Secretary who sits at the right side of the podium.
- Please do not repeat testimony offered by yourself or earlier witnesses. If you agree with the statement of an earlier witness, please just state that and add any additional points of your own.
- If you have any exhibits for the Planning Commission to consider, such as a copy of your testimony, photographs, petitions, or other documents or physical evidence, at the close of your comments please hand all new exhibits to the Planning Commission Secretary, who will mark these exhibits as part of the record.
Planning Commission Staff Contact: