Mon., June 5 - Planning Commission
Motor Vehicle Sales Code Amendment
PUBLIC HEARING: Planning Commission
Monday, June 5, 2017, 7:00 p.m. Tigard Civic Center - Town Hall, 13125 SW Hall Blvd., Tigard, Oregon
TITLE: Motor Vehicle Sales Code Amendment: DCA 2017-00001
CURRENT AGENDA: Available one week prior
REQUEST: The applicant, owner and operator of Washington Square Mall, is requesting to amend the text of the Mixed Use Commercial (MUC) District use code (Community Development Code Section 18.520.030) in order to facilitate development and redevelopment opportunities. The proposed text amendment would change the allowed uses in the Washington Square Regional Center Plan District MUC zone, Table 18.520.1 Use Table: Commercial Zones, Foot Note , to permit Motor Vehicle Sales/Rental as a primary use in certain areas and subject to certain screening requirements.
LOCATION: Within the MUC zone, north of Hwy 217.
Tues., June 13 - City Council
Amendment to TMC, Adoption of Master Fees; Adoption of Budgets
PUBLIC HEARING: City Council
Tuesday, June 13, 2017, 7:30 p.m. Tigard Civic Center - Town Hall, 13125 SW Hall Blvd., Tigard, Oregon
COUNCIL AGENDA: Available June 6, 2017
- Legislative Public Hearing: Consider Amendment to TMC 1.12.060 Chief Petitioners for Initiative, Referendum, or Recall Petitions
- Informational Public Hearing: Non-Residential Transportation System Development Charges
- Informational Public Hearing: Consider Adoption of Master Fees and Charges Schedule Replacing Resolution No. 16-22 and Subsequent Amendments
- Informational Public Hearing: Adoption of the Budget, Making Appropriations, Declaring the Ad Valorem Tax Levy and Classifying the Levy as Provided
- Informational Public Hearing: Adopt the CCDA FY 2018 Budget with Adjustments, Make Appropriations, and Impose and Categorize Taxes
Mon., June 19 - Planning Commission
Tigard Triangle Lean Code Updates
PUBLIC HEARING: Planning Commission
Monday, June 19, 2017, 7:00 p.m. Tigard Civic Center - Town Hall, 13125 SW Hall Blvd., Tigard, Oregon
TITLE: Tigard Triangle Lean Code
FILE NO: DCA2017-00002
CURRENT MEETING AGENDA: Available one week prior
REQUEST: On Monday, June 19, 2017, the Tigard Planning Commission will hold a public hearing on the proposed Tigard Triangle Lean Code at Tigard City Hall. The city is proposing a new code for the Tigard Triangle that would regulate development differently than the existing code. The goal of the new code is to spur new development by reducing regulations in ways that support the community’s vision.
Your input is welcome at the public hearing and any time in person, online or over the phone.
The proposed Lean Code is available here or at the Tigard Permit Center at 13125 SW Hall Blvd. Additional details here: www.tigard-or.gov/TigardTriangle.
STAFF CONTACT: Susan P. Shanks, Senior Planner, Community Development, SusanS@tigard-or.gov or 503-718-2454
testimony guidelines and tips
Anyone wishing to speak on an agenda item should sign on the appropriate sign-up sheet(s). If no sheet is available, ask to be recognized by the Mayor at the beginning of that agenda item. Citizen Communication items are asked to be two minutes or less. Longer matters can be set for a future Agenda by contacting either the Mayor or the City Manager.
» Time Limit: 2 minutes or less (Longer matters can be set for a future agenda)
» Topics: Items not on the agenda and Non-Public Hearing agenda items.
Public Hearing Agenda Items
- Time limit for applicant and/or applicant’s representative(s): 20 minutes, total
- Time limit (per person) for all other oral testimony: 5 minutes
- Timer may be used for public hearing testimony:
- Green light will come on after the person has stated his/her name and address for the record.
- Yellow will light come on when one minute remains.
- Red light will come on when testimony time is up.
- City Council and staff should hold questions until after delivery of testimony to avoid complications determining if the testifier has had the ability to comment the full 5 minutes.
- For the initial hearing, testimony should be submitted as early as possible. Written testimony should be received by the City Recorder 24 hours prior to the public hearing.
- Deadlines for submitting written testimony can be imposed for continued hearings.
- Scope of testimony limits can be imposed for continued public hearings.
Public Notice on Hearing Procedures:
Hearing procedures handouts will be available at the entrance to the meeting room.
Hearing procedures are reviewed by the City Attorney at the beginning of quasi-judicial (land use) and legislative hearings.
- Applicant will have an opportunity to rebut testimony at the hearing following oral public testimony from the proponents and opponents. Applicant shall respond only to testimony given and present no new information. The applicant will be encouraged to deliver rebuttal remarks in 10 minutes or less.
City Council Staff Contact:
City Recorder's Office
testimony guidelines and tips
The purpose of the hearing is to invite interested parties to participate in the decision-making process by submitting relevant testimony to the Planning Commission before a decision is made, or before a formal recommendation to City Council.
Public Hearing Format
- The public hearing is opened by the Planning Commission President.
- City staff will provide a summary of the staff report and their recommendation. A copy of the staff report is available for viewing one week in advance of the hearing in the City of Tigard Permit Center and on the website.
- The Planning Commission President will invite public testimony.
- The Planning Commission President will close the Public Hearing. No further testimony will be accepted.
- The Planning Commission will deliberate and vote on the proposal. The president will allow for Planning Commission member discussion only.
Please Note: The Planning Commission is the decision-making body for zone changes and planned developments only. For all others, the commission makes a recommendation to City Council—who makes the final decision. Please contact the Planning Department at 503-718-2421 if you have any questions.
- If you are unable to attend the public hearing, you may submit your comments in writing to the Planning Commission. Written comments may be submitted to Doreen Laughlin,Planning Commission Secretary at email@example.com or City of Tigard, attn.: Doreen Laughlin, 13125 SW Hall Blvd., Tigard, OR 97223. You may also submit your comments to the assigned planner whose name and contact information can be found online under the hearing date at Public Hearings and Public Notices.
- Submitting your comments in writing to the Planning Commission in advance of the public hearing allows staff and the commission more time to formulate a response to your concerns.
- At the hearing, if you wish to speak for, against, or comment in any way, we request that you print your name and full address on the “Hearing Sign-In Sheet” at the back of the room. When called to speak, please come forward to the podium, clearly state your name, address and make your statement.
- Please be prepared to limit your testimony to three minutes. The Planning Commission Secretary will have a timer with green, yellow, and red lights on the table to remind you. (The yellow light will flash as a 30 second warning, and the timer will buzz at the end of 3 minutes). It’s always a good idea to submit your ideas in writing, particularly if you are unsure as to whether or not you can make all of your points in the time allotted. You may hand your written comments to the Planning Commission Secretary who sits at the right side of the podium.
- Please do not repeat testimony offered by yourself or earlier witnesses. If you agree with the statement of an earlier witness, please just state that and add any additional points of your own.
- If you have any exhibits for the Planning Commission to consider, such as a copy of your testimony, photographs, petitions, or other documents or physical evidence, at the close of your comments please hand all new exhibits to the Planning Commission Secretary, who will mark these exhibits as part of the record.
Planning Commission Staff Contact: