The Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) describes the roles and responsibilities of the departments and personnel for the City of Tigard during major emergencies or disasters.
While no plan can replace the common sense and good judgment of emergency response personnel, department directors and other decision makers, EOP does provide a framework to guide the City's efforts to respond to and recover from major emergencies or disasters.
The Plan sets forth a strategy and operating guidelines using the National Incident Management System's (NIMS) Incident Command System (ICS) adopted by the City for managing its response and recovery activities during disasters and emergencies.
The EOP consists of various sections and supporting materials. The development and maintenance of this plan is the basis of the City's emergency response and recovery operations.
- Basic Plan - Provides an overview of the City's emergency response organization and policies. It cites the legal authority for emergency operations, summarizes the situations addressed by the plan, explains the general concept of operations, and assigns general responsibilities for emergency planning and operations.
- http://www.ready.gov/translations/ - offers the website translated into the following languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Haitian, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog, Urdu, and Vietnamese
- http://www.ready.gov/publications - brochures available for download in the same language as above.
- http://www.ready.gov/sites/default/files/Ready_OrderForm_June2012.pdf - order form (has publications for braille and large print)
- http://www.accessibleemergencyinfo.com/ - ASL videos, Braille documents, and large print documents]