Thursday, May 23, 2013 between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m.
Tigard Public Works Building (8777 SW Burnham St.)
The city is looking for volunteers to act as patients during a countywide mock bioterrorism exercise on Thursday, May 23
between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. at the Tigard Public Works Building (8777 SW Burnham St.).
During this emergency drill, the city will establish a Point-of-Dispensing station. These are large clinics set up to rapidly distribute medication to a significant number of people.
Each volunteer will be treated as a walk-in patient. Participation will take about 15 minutes, and no appointment or pre-registration is necessary. Emergency workers will provide volunteer patients with placebo medication.
The exercise will measure the city’s ability to:
City services will not be affected by the exercise. For more information, contact Emergency Management
Coordinator Mike Lueck at 503-718-2593 or email@example.com.
- Test its Point-of-Dispensing Plan.
- Communicate and coordinate with fellow emergency responders.
- Implement Tigard’s Emergency Response Plan.
- Put newly-acquired equipment into practice.
- Evaluate the city’s current plans, procedures and reporting protocols.