The City Manager’s office is staffed by the City Manager, Assistant City Manager, Senior Management Analyst, and Executive Assistant to the City Manager and Mayor. The office manages the city's business and implements the City Council's plans and orders.
The city manager is appointed by the mayor with the consent of the City Council. The Tigard Municipal Code establishes the following duties for the city manager:
- Exercise control and supervision of all activities, departments and offices, except the office of municipal judge and the office of city attorney.
- Serve the chief budget and fiscal officer of the city and shall perform the functions of budget officer as prescribed by the Local Budget Law of Oregon.
- Prepare and submit to the mayor and council financial and activity reports.
- Coordinate the work of all City departments and employees.
- Making recommendations to the Council on legislation, financial programs, capital improvements, policies, services, and other matters as requested.
- Serve as the chief purchasing and business agent.
- Make available to the public usual and customary information concerning the operations of the city government.
email@example.com | 503-718-2486
Marty Wine was hired as city manager in 2011. She carries out the city council’s goals and policies by overseeing the work of city departments and employees. Prior to arriving in Tigard, Marty worked as the assistant chief administrative officer of Renton, WA.
Assistant City Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org | 503-718-2412
The Assistant City Manager stands-in for the city manager in her absence. She works with city council and staff to develop and oversee the city’s state and federal legislative agendas. She also serves as the first point of contact for general citizen inquiries.
Executive Assistant to the City Manager and Mayor
email@example.com | 503-718-2476
The Executive Assistant to the City Manager and Mayor schedules meeting and appointments for the mayor, city councilors and city manager. She facilitates responses on issues and concerns raised by citizens to the mayor and city councilors and responds to citizen inquires for information on city programs and activities and volunteer opportunities.