The Tigard Tree Board is charged with advising Council on the implementation of the Urban Forestry Master Plan as part of their annual workplan.
The main goals of the plan include:
- Revise Tigard's tree code (Chapter 18.520, includes development regulations and mitigation).
- Revise Tigard's landscaping code (includes street trees, parking lot trees, and other required landscape trees).
- Develop a tree grove protection program.
- Develop a hazard tree identification and abatement program.
- Improve the management of the city's urban forestry program.
- Develop an urban forest stewardship program.