Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Training
The free training is held at Tigard Public Works Building, 8777 SW Burnham Street in Tigard. Class size is limited. Register by using the form below.
- Register below for Fall 2018 CERT training
Fall Term: September 4–October 20, 2018 | Schedule
CERT Program Overview
Tigard’s Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) program is free to anyone who lives or works in Tigard. The city’s CERT membership welcomes professionals from any of Tigard’s large corporations, small business owners, Tigard High School students, Explorer Scouts, Ham Radio groups, Neighborhood Associations, and any concerned resident interested in becoming certified by successfully completing an seven week, 24 hour program. You must be 18 years or older to attend, but 16 year olds may attend if accompanied by an adult. Important Note: All participants must have a criminal background check prior to becoming a CERT member.
- Disaster Awareness, Hazard Mitigation, and Community Emergency Response Team concepts
- Utility Control, Fire Suppression, Hazardous Materials
- Disaster Medicine — Triage and treatment of minor and life threatening injuries
- Light Search and Rescue — Visual assessment of damaged buildings, search techniques, rescue techniques and patient transport
- Team Response and Management
- Terrorism and Community Response Teams